- Local bands rock first weekend of Mardi Gras
- A little later on the Main Stage, another local band set up shop. The Brandon McDermott Band, made up of Brandon McDermott on guitar and vocals, Kevin Anderson on lead guitar, Clark Duhon on bass and Broc Adams on drums, may have been as sonically different as could be from Melovine but in their own way this Texas Country band rocked the place.
The group didnâ€™t let passing parades faze them as they played perfect for a road trip to the river or beach with a cooler of Lone Star. The group's music was also perfect for a night on The Strand judging from crowd cheering and begging for CDâ€™s and shirts.
- Larry Perez Joins BMB as New Lead Guitar Player
We are excited to announce the addition of Larry Perez to the Brandon McDermott Band. Larry will be taking over the reigns as the new lead guitar player for BMB and is an extremely talented guitar player who brings an exciting new style of guitar playing to the band. Larry is not only a great guitar player, but he is also a heck of a nice guy and we are proud to have him. He also has a degree in meteorology so he always knows if it is going to rain at our shows, which is always good to know. Larry is taking over the lead guitar duties from our good friend Kevin Anderson, who is reducing his role in BMB to focus on his own project….which I have heard a little bit of, and it is going to be fantastic. Kevin will still be joining us for some shows from time to time, and we are glad we get to keep him around a little bit. So come out and help us welcome Larry to the band because we know you will enjoy listening to him as much as we do. Ohh feel free to ask him about the benefits of Apple Cider Vinegar, he can tell you all about it.
- Beach Revue Returns May 17-18 - Galveston.com & Company (press release) (blog)
- Beach Revue Returns May 17-18Galveston.com & Company (press release) (blog)Close out the night with the â€śBands and Bombshellsâ€ť concert, presented by Southern Star Brewing Company and PintJockys.com, with live music by the Austin, Texas rockabilly band The Bellfuries and Galveston's own Brandon McDermott Band in this ... [Read More...]
- The Brandon McDermott Band heads to Cypress Saloon on April 20th.
- On Saturday April 20th, The Brandon McDermott Band will be rolling into the Cyfair area for the first time to bring their brand of Texas/Red Dirt Music to the exciting Cypress Saloon. Their live shows have drawn impressive reviews from country music publications and industry people alike; and promises to be chock-full of fun energetic music that is guaranteed to make all in attendance have a heck of a time and asking for more. [Read More...]
- Brandon McDermott Band breaking Galveston waves again!
- Brandon McDermott Band will be hitting the BadlandsFM Backdoor Rider Stage on Friday, Nov 2nd! Brandon is a crowd favorite and loved by the Galveston community, as he calls the Island home. Brandon recently released a new album project and is quickly traveling the Texas music scene sharing his music!
- New Brandon McDermott Band Store
The Brandon McDermott Band now has a brand new online store! No longer do you have to patiently wait for us to come play a show at a venue near you to get some of that much needed BMB Gear, now you can get it right here on this website. Of course you already knew that our album "Mile Marker Zero" is available on iTunes, CD Baby, and Amazon, but now its also available right here on this website along with those super stylish BMB T-Shirts. Worried about security? Well don't be, we are using PayPal so all transactions are backed by the powerful PayPal security. So take a gander at the new T-Shirts and pick some up for you and your friends, they are sure to make you look great. In fact, studies show that people wearing BMB T-Shirts are not only way more likely to be awesome, but they are also way more attractive to the opposite sex.....and that my friends is science.
- Kevin Anderson Joins the Brandon McDermott Band
The Brandon McDermott Band is pleased to announce that Kevin Anderson has joined BMB as our new lead guitar player. Kevin will be taking over at lead guitar for John Metyko, who left the band after having to have surgery on his hand and thus decided to return to school to get his Master's Degree. Kevin is well known around the Galveston area and beyond as the singer and songwriter for the band "Broken Spoke". Kevin not only plays guitar but also brings a new dynamic to the band by adding back up vocals and harmonica to the mix, as well as singing a few of his own tunes. In fact the only thing that he can't do is catch a bigger redfish than Brandon. So come out to our next show and say hi to Kevin. And yes, we will need a new band picture. Oh and don't forget to be on the lookout for Johnny boy, he is still our buddy and still loves for people to buy him beer when he comes to our shows even if he isn't on stage.
- Galveston's Brandon McDermott Band - Making Waves in Texas/Red Dirt Music Scene
- From Galveston to Houston to College Station and all the way up to Amarillo, the Brandon McDermott Band has been bringing their exciting brand of Texas country music to stages across the Lone Star State. With the upcoming release of their first commercial album, you can expect to hear a lot more from this talented foursome.
- Brandon McDermott Bandâ€™s New Release CD â€śMile Marker Zero,â€ť Hits the Mark!
- The sunrise and sunsets in Galveston, Texas seem to have the magic to turn everything golden. The Brandon McDermott Band has captured that gold with their just released new CD â€śMile Marker Zero.â€ť Well known throughout all of Texas and especially throughout the Gulf Coast and Galveston area, Brandon and friends are a pure treasure found on the island. [Read More...]